Wednesday 18 April 2018

Gaming Lord of the Rings Battles

I have always been a huge fan of JRR Tolkiens works (NOT THE JACKSON MOVIES), talk about the master!

I have written plays, songs, done board games and made my own miniature rules, which I never played as the GW stuff came out when I was working on it.

So the game on the market today is based on the movies and while the movies are great high fantasy they are NOT/NOT The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. So the rules that are used locally follow the movies.

One of the local gamers had a good talk with me about the newest form of the game and it sounded really intriguing until I started to read the supplement, and yep right into the movie, so I am back to feeling like I might need to write my own set again based on the books.

I don't know why but it just bothers me, but it does, to see trolls wondering about in Sarumans army or orcs fighting at even strength against everyone else :/

Might be time to put pen to paper to try and get a closer to written work rules set - but I will only be able to play it on my own as I have to rights to publish :/ Ah me!

No comments:

Post a Comment