Tuesday 5 May 2015

New Osprey Books

Big treat today, two new Osprey books arrived

I had a quick look at the Gunboats of World War I and it has a lot of good info! One of the scenarios I am working on for the East Front has an Austrian gunboat flotilla involved so this is a great find.

The Second book on German and Russian infantry is very interesting and focuses on the Russian 27th Infantry division and their opponents at three different battles in 1914-1915. So far it looks to be a good read with the over view of uniforms/equipment/operational thinking etc soon to get into the battles so looking forward to it!

I have Peter Pigs picket boat coming in the mail but that will be far too large for GWSH II, so I may look at the items at PT dockyard and see if something strikes my fancy! Being a sailor I really like the idea of gunboat action and Naval Gun Fire Support!

No comments:

Post a Comment