Wednesday 6 May 2015

Wooohooo, to my great delight I came home and had another package waiting for me. This time it was my picket boat and another regiment of Austrian infantry.
Peter Pigs Picket boat. This is a fantastic model, I wanted to get it because I like the look of it, not that I can use it with Great War Spearhead II. If you haven't seen this model and like gunboat action in WWI - pick it up! You won't be disappointed.

I mentioned that I was working a scenario that had gunboats involved and so I ordered from PT Dockyard 2 of the Austrian Torpedo boats, can't wait to get them. Now to the picket boat, I am looking at painting it up in a dark, but not quite battleship gray, with teak decks and brass fittings. It really is a very elegant model and would be excellent for small level actions in anything from about 1900 to 1920ish.

Another regiment of Peter Pigs Austrians. This is simply to flesh out my Austrians with caps for both divisions. These figs are up to the usual high standard of Peter Pig and are well worth gathering up a division or so worth :) In my opinion they are the cleanest and most accurate of the 15mm Austrians available for WWI.
 I had build my Austrians originally on 2 regiments in field cap and 2 regiment in Helmet. This was back when I first started my WWI armies in about 1997, since then I have slowly made the transition to both divisions having caps. So for my early war scenarios I can make the whole Austrian contingent in the correct dress.

Russian Regiment work in progress.

Another Russian Regiment work in progress.
With these two Russian regiments I will have 7 of the 8 regiments I need for my Russian corps. I will eventually have enough for a rifle brigade as well and I am thinking of using Khurasan miniatures for the Rifle brigade.

I have also ordered 6 Austrian 104mm howitzers and 4 Russian 122mm howitzers from Irregulars Really Useful Gun Range. I am hoping they will be in tomorrow or Friday so I can get them on the table soon!

Ok off to prime up my picket boat and Austrians.

No comments:

Post a Comment